Re: Using garage door safety beams

I agree, I have a Liftmaster and would love to have the safteyy beam
tied into a chime that could simply go off when the beam was broken.
We have lots of neighborhood kids that play with our kids (ie 5 years
old).  I just want to know when someone walks through the garage, but I
don't want a motion sensor that's going to go off all the time.  No
muss no fuss.  I don't care if it falses on our cats.  Also they are
mounted low because the safety beams are for small kids, not cars.  My
relay only clicks the first time, when the lights turn on.  They then
stay on for several minutes with no relay action.  It just seems such a
waste not to use the safety beam that is already there.