Using garage door safety beams

Is there any place that sells something that could be tied into the
safety beam of my garage door opener to trigger a remote chime to
indicate someone/something has entered my garage when the door is
open?

It appears that the wires from the sensors to the door control carry
around 10.85 volts dc until the beam is broken when the voltage jumps
to around 12v.  Would maybe the X10 Powerflash recognize the ~ 1v
difference and trigger an X10 receiver?

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

Les