Re: Using garage door safety beams

If it is a Liftmaster/Chamberlain  garage door opener check out their
options on their website or one of their main dealers.  They have some
oddball stuff.  Even some built in stuff that might suit your purpose
automation and auxilary light control.  For instance when you trip the beam
on mine the light on the lift motor turns on.  I would suggest you search
the interent armed with the model / part number of your opener.

Also, as some suggested the safety beam may be too low.  Its no big deal to
raise it slightly.  Those I have seen mounted only a few inches above the
floor could be misssed even accidentally.  Raising it to a foot or may 18
inches should be no big trick and reduce the likelyhood somebody would
accidentaly miss passing through it.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River