Re: New house system recomendation

Russell Brill wrote:
> "Jim" <alarminex@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >
> > Russell Brill wrote:
> >> >
> >> Modern equivalent (when comparing Quality) to Moose Z1100 = Napco P3200
> >> w/K1CA keypad... But, it's not easy to program and not quite as flexible
> >> as
> >> some of the other products available...
> >
> > In my opinion .....the reason Napco is considered by others to be so
> > hard to program is because it's more flexible than other panels.
> >
> I agree, and disagree.... When it comes to things like customizing zone
> response Napco panels are GREAT... However, something as simple as disabling
> (without eliminating key feedback tones) the chime on the master bedroom
> keypad and allowing the chime to work on all other keypads in the home is
> elusive to the Napco line... Unless, you make the customer buy their LCD
> keypads... Don't get me wrong, I like Napco, I use a P3200 in my home... I'm
> still waiting for the P1664 (USA version)....... Regards, Russ

I only use the LCD version keypads. But even then, very VERY seldom do
I get a request to silence the chime. For some reason, Mom's always
want to know what when the kids get home, regardless of how late it is.
But then again, if you're using the other keypads and a customer wants
to silence the chime, then it can't be that big a sacrafice to them to
have to give up the key beep too. Or ..... you could look at it from
the point of view of .......... if they want an additional feature,
then they have to pay for the better keypad. It's not like it's
entirely not a Napco option.