Re: Press "1" for English

On 28 Oct 2006 18:32:15 -0700, "Everywhere Man" <alarminstall@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

>G. Morgan wrote:
>> On 28 Oct 2006 16:10:09 -0700, "Everywhere Man" <alarminstall@xxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >But the Mexican families that DIDN'T move after the war should suddenly
>> >change their lifestyle to suit ours? Let me see if I can understand
>> >this. If Red China conquers the U.S. we should all start speaking
>> >Chinese? Should all signs in english be removed from stores, airports,
>> >hospitals, etc in non-english speaking countries?
>> >When Texas was part of Mexico did the American immigrants assimilate to
>> >Mexican lifestyles or did they revolt? Did all Americans legally enter
>> >Mexico in the 1800's or did Mexico get flooded with Americans entering
>> >their sovereign nation, taking their land, taking their money, and
>> >sending it back to family in the States? Pot, kettle, black.
>>
>> Oh come on Tom...  This happened 5 generations ago.  The US took the
>> land and that is that.  You act like Manifest Destiny is a bad thing.
>> It's survival of the fittest, and it's been going on for 25,000 years.
>> When a land is taken the people are assimilated. <
>
>Well apparently your state has been reoccupied by Mexico so it's time
>for you to assimilate or join a militia. I'll send you some pinatas for
>the celebration.

Thanks, I'll pass on the pinata.  Send ammunition.

>Funny how you say survival of the fittest yet you're
>bitching because the Mexicans are making it hard for you to survive.

Where was I bitching about them making it hard for me to survive?

>Outbid them. Work harder than them. Give an employer a reason to choose
>you. It's a free market society and you can't stand that your price has
>been beat. Maybe you should change your saying to survival of the
>liberals.

Fortunately, no illegal can compete with me legally.  As for the other
wetbacks, they can't compete for the very reasons I outlined.

This ain't about just me Tom. It's about preserving what's left of
American culture, it's about saving the economy, it's about stopping
drug trafficking, it's about ruining neighborhoods, it's about
stopping crime.

>> Yes, after a war the
>> next generation of survivors are expected to assimilate.  You
>> mentioned the Native Americans not being the original inhabitants of
>> present day USA, (which I have not been able to verify), since you
>> claim that they came from the Aleutian Islands (which is not in Asia
>> BTW) why don't you speak Aleut? <
>
>Came THROUGH the Aleutian Islands from Asia. They didn't swim.
>Native American/Eskimo ancestry can be traced back to the Mongol
>tribes.

That's not what you wrote.

>> >Now where unions come into play regarding today's immigration issue is
>> >simple.
>> >Union employees are lazy and drive the up the cost of living with their
>> >charity compensation packages.
>> >Unions demand breaks, benefits, holidays, wages, etc. The only thing
>> >unions don't demand is productivity.
>> >Business owners here have been held hostage by unions and if the
>> >opportunity to circumvent unions is available then that road will
>> >likely be travelled. Bus drivers earning $80,000 per year is vile.
>> >I recall a recent thread where you discussed what you expected from an
>> >employer as an alarm installer. You want a 40hr work week, company
>> >vehicle, overtime, health, dental, life, etc.
>>
>> <snip the rest of the tirade>
>>
>> Tom, this is really very simple, and it's not just a union thing -
>> it's employer vs. employee. <
>
>The union work mentality is to blame.

No Tom, reality is to blame.

>> When I choose to go to work for someone I am pretty much giving up any
>> hope of getting rich.  In exchange for my loyalty, you have to agree
>> to pay a comfortable wage - and provide benefits that are necessary
>> for everyday living. <
>
>Your loyalty? Nonsense! We are in an industry of job jumpers. Loyal to
>what suits you is more like it.
>As the employer I don't have to agree to diddly. Problem with employers
>is they think they have to beg people to work. Shit if the employee was
>any good in the first place he wouldn't be out looking for a job,
>unless he relocated or a company went under.

I get the feeling you think you are doing the employee a favor by
allowing him to shovel shit for you.  You got it backwards, count
yourself lucky if you can find some willing to put up with your brand
of tyranny.

It's a two-way street, a symbiotic relationship.  If one thinks he is
better than the other, the relationship won't work.

>> Overtime is not a union rule, it's based on state law.  It's meant to
>> keep tyrants like yourself from exploiting workers. <
>
>State law for hourly wage employees. I pay a salary and if they don't
>like what I pay or where they work they have the right to vacate the
>job.

I have a funny feeling I wouldn't like your terms.  Times are a
changin' bud, you better start getting some respect for those that do
your dirty work.

>> Why shouldn't you provide a company vehicle?  I'm driving to YOUR
>> jobsite.  From what I understand, parking in your city at the jobsite
>> would cost me a half-days wage -- I guess I should pay that too? <
>
>So McDonalds should provide cars to employees because they are driving
>to work?

I didn't say anything about the commute to work.

>Parking & tolls are built into the price. If it requires an additional
>trip because the tech is lazy then he's the one paying.

That is complete bullshit.   YOU are paying if I am working on YOUR
job.

>> All these things are the cost of doing business and should be included
>> in your markup.  These are not luxury items.  Like I told Bob, if I
>> wanted your headaches, I would start my own business. <
>
>So my customers should pay more because the employee feels he deserves
>his own vehicle?

Yes.  Either that, or you buy the Suburban instead of the Escalade.

>Employees love that word DESERVE.

And small potatoes like you love the phrase "My way or the highway".

>> >Nowhere does it say REQUIRED yet if an employer doesn't pay a Xmas
>> >bonus he's called cheap, lowlife, scumbag, whatever you choose to call
>> >him.
>> >Maybe that employer couldn't afford the bonus  because his employees
>> >didn't PRODUCE enough.
>>
>> That's fine.  I never expect a bonus, when it's given I truly
>> appreciate it. <
>
>As you should.
>

>> >We are in a country where even the youth are told that they are worth
>> >more than $8.00 an hour in the workplace. None of them want to work
>> >their way to the top. Everybody feels their kid is a genius and
>> >deserves to go to college.
>> >When you want to talk about a fucked up country take a look here first.
>> >Not every kid is a genius. Some kids were meant to grow up and sweep
>> >floors. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh but they won't sweep floors because they were
>> >told they are geniuses. OK so now who the hell do we get to sweep the
>> >floors? Who is going to wipe the old lady's ass in the nursing home?
>> >Who is going to pick the oranges? Who is going to clean motel rooms,
>> >bake pizzas, or bus tables?
>> >The answer from America is NOT ME OR MY KID.
>>

>> Does that apply to your newborn?  Is your kid going to sweep floors if
>> he turns out to be a nimrod?  Nahhh... you will have told him
>> everything you just wrote above.   And if he DOES turn out to be a
>> half-wit, you'll give him a job at 24/7 in management, no less. <
>
>He will not be attending college and YES he will sweep floors. College
>is for people who want to hide from reality.

Hmmmmm...  I thought college was for learning to do stuff.

>He will learn what it
>takes to make it in this world. He will break his ass just like his
>father does on a daily basis so he doesn't turn out to be a half-wit or
>nimrod that has trouble holding a job and blames Mexican labor and
>everyone else but himself for it. He'll end up telling people like that
>what to do, and they will either do it or post some diatribe on an
>newsgroup about how the recent migration of Hungarians has destroyed
>the labor market.

He'll have a job handed to him on a silver platter because you won't
have it any other way.

>> >Well guess what........ the floor still needs sweeping. The sheets need
>> >changing, and the lettuce needs picking.
>> >If you don't want the job for what I can afford to pay then I am
>> >looking elsewhere.
>> >
>> >So if you have a problem with Mexicans coming here taking away jobs
>> >then instead of bitching about it grab everyone who thinks like you and
>> >run your asses right down to Denny's and take that dishwashing job
>> >about from Raul. Then mosey on over to the Super 8 and tell Guadalupe
>> >you are taking her job changing sheets. And in your spare time make
>> >sure someone tells Francisco that his electrical skills at $20 an hour
>> >are no longer required because you are American and willing to work for
>> >$20 an hour as an electrician.
>> >
>> >The problem isn't trying to stop the flood of immigrants (legal or
>> >otherwise) it's trying to find a vehicle big enough to import their
>> >whole damn country here so some shit can get done because frankly I am
>> >sick & fucking tired of Americans whining about immigrants when that is
>> >what makes this country great.
>>
>> Yeah.. You and I are paying for the illegal's children's  education,
>> healthcare, food stamps, social programs, and oh yeah-- prisons & jail
>> occupancy,  but that is great.   You know that 25% of your health care
>> premium is paying for illegal's, right?   You see a small picture,
>> like most republicans.  What's good for your wallet at this moment is
>> all that matters. <
>
>Well now that would be considered survival of the fittest again
>wouldn't it? I'm fit enough to survive it. Not my problem if you're
>not. Judging from your gripe you're not fit enough to survive. I'd
>rather pay for their healthcare, food stamps, & social programs than
>pay for your unemployment or social services. They still produce while
>sucking off the government tit. How many people on unemployment can say
>the same?

I've never collected unemployment or welfare, who the fuck do you
think you're talking to?

>> >And if you have a problem with someone who no speakies then send them
>> >and their wallet my way.
>>
>> Send down the busses, you can have them all.<
>
>They're too busy working down there while others sit on their asses and
>complain.

Actually it's an employees market right now (for our trade), employers
are scrambling to find qualified technicians.  I get emails from
headhunters all the time.

>> >Too bad they don't speak English or I'd hire the whole damn lot.
>>
>> You can't,  they are not eligible to work here.<
>
>Because you survival of the fittest guys are scared to death to give
>them citizenship.

GIVE, GIVE, GIVE, MY  ASS!!

THEY NEED TO EARN IT LIKE OUR ANCESTORS DID.

> Make them legal residents and let's see who winds up
>with the jobs and who winds up whining about protecting borders.

Uh huh.

> When
>did the first illegal alien arrive in America?

When is your birthday?

>> >The rest of this country should learn to speak French because we've
>> >just like the lazy frog bastards.
>>
>> Seems to me you've reverted to a plantation owner. <
>
>So I'm a slave driver. Survival of the fittest.
>If you liberals had your way I'd be Santa Claus handing shit out left
>and right to every lazy bastard.
>There was a time in this country when a man would shovel shit with his
>toothbrush if it meant his family could eat. Now we have starving kids
>because their parents are too "proud" to take those low wage jobs.

So, let them shovel your shit so you can exploit them?

>The Jews must be doing cartwheels that they are no longer to blame for
>America's employment woes.

Nice, Tom, nice.

>If my family was starving and I knew I could feed them by illegally
>entering Canada and working at a diner for $50.00 a week I'd break that
>law.If I owned the diner I would welcome the help. If I ate at the
>diner I would be thankful my meal didn't cost 5 times as much. If I was
>the starving child I would thank GOD my dad was man enough to provide
>for his family.
>What you expect your dad to do if he had no other means, Graham? Would
>he cross the border to feed you or let you starve to death so he
>doesn't offend ignorant people?

My dad would contribute to fixing the problem in his own fucking
country rather than leech and steal from another.

--

-Graham
(remove the double e's to email)