Re: Press "1" for English

Everywhere Man wrote:

> #1- The Nextel/Sprint customer base is GLOBAL
>
> #2- Your state was originally Mexico so you are the descendant of
> immigrants.
>
> #3- Regardless of what language people speak they still spend money. My
> family came to America in 1906, and didn't speak English right off the
> boat. It took years. My great-grandmother never spoke English. Should
> they have shipped her back, and just my grandmother, aunts, and uncles
> (who were kids at that time) to fend for themselves?
> Graham, I am so Conservative I make Sean Hannity seem like Ted Kennedy,
> but conservatism does not mean discrimination. Conservatism does not
> mean English only need apply. It takes most immigrants a generation to
> adapt to America.
> Border jumping infuriates me to all ends of the earth but not because
> they don't speak my language. Unions and people who expect union wages
> are to blame. I am out the door now but when I come back I will expand
> on it.

The difference is, Your parents learned English and were assimilated
into the
culture of this country. The present day Hispanics will take two, three
or more
generations to learn English if they can push two to hear it in Spanish
.... if the
kids are taught in school in Spanish. If they can get their bills in
Spanish. If all
the signs are written in Spanish.  The longer they take to be
assimilated into
the culture the more the culture that they came here to live in will be
the very
culture they wanted to get away from.

Even with past immigrants, who came here, it took at least a generation
for
them to learn English and a number of more generations to be accepted
by
the culture. How long did it take for the Irish and Italians to be
integrated
and accepted?  Three? Four? Five  generations? And there are still hard
core prejudices today.

The Hispanics want to come here and enjoy our prosperity compared to
where they live now. Our nation has always prided itself on welcoming
people
from other countries and cultures .... but it was with the intention
that they
embrace our culture and become part of the melting pot that has helped
make our country what it is, not to isolate themselves from it.

By allowing them the option of not speaking english, it will change our

culture (in the Hispanics case it's mainly because of the mere masses
that
they have been illeagally allowed to populate this country) and  it
will segragate
and keep them out of the main stream of our society, set them up to be
second
class citizens which will actually limit their ability to achieve the
prosperity they
came here for.

The way it is now, they want every thing they had in their native
country but
they want it with all the benefits.... by living off of the people
who've lived,
worked and cultivated this culture for generations.If they had to go
through the
process of integration over a generation or two .... thats the price
they have to
pay .... and they'd pay it for their children just like your parents
did.But, because
of the liberal, far left do-gooders and organizaions like theCommunist
ACLU,
who think that Freedom is free to anyone who says they want to come
here,
they''ve been led to believe that it's their right to be here and have
what it's taken
other immigrants who came here LEGALLY ...generations to achieve and
that
they can have it ..... NOW!