Re: notifier verifire softwarw

> Ford can't do that because of the Magnuson Moss
> Warranty Act of 1975.  Otherwise, they probably
> would.  The MM Act may have some relevance to
> proprietary FA panel service.  I wonder if it's ever
> been challenged in court...

According to the FTC's explanation of the MM Warranty Act -- "Although tie-in sales provisions generally are not allowed, you can
include such a provision in your warranty if you can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the FTC that your product will not work
properly without a specified item or service..."

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics