Re: Universal CO, Propane and Natural Gas detector

> @Robert, this is good and I don't mind having two
> units but can anybody tell if these can be intercon-
> nected so they can activate other units upstaris
> and be heard while sleeping two floors up.

Unfortunately, none of the system type gas detectors with which I'm familiar are interconnectable in the same manner as 110V smoke
detectors.  It certainly would be a good idea.  The usual method is to connect them to an alarm system and use the alarm's sirens or
horn/strobes to alert the whole house.

It would not be difficult for manufacturers to engineer in the capability of interconnected audibles, using a reversing relay like
we do with system smoke detectors.  One problem is that gas detectors already cost more than smokes and adding a few more dollars to
the unit price might make them even harder to sell.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics