Re: pir false alarms

Robert L Bass wrote:
> > I didn't see you defending his erroneous
> > postulation that a PIR will not trip if the
> > air temperature within it's range changes
> > rapidly.
>
> Jiminex is categorically wrong.  The detector doesn't *see* air temperature.  When warm (or cool) air moves across in front of the
> detector without touching it and without heating or moving a visible object, the detector is unaffected.

Well in response, I guess all I can say is that you're "dead" wrong.
Oppps!   There I go again .... using the ole "D" word.

>  Jiminex is confused by the
> difference between air movement in view of the detector and air *striking* the detector.  The latter can easily trip many PIR
> detectors.

I tell ya what. I'll give you a little task to perform, inbetween
treatments. Call up a manufacturer, as to speak to an engineer and ask
him if he'll guarentee you that a PIR wont trip if a rapid change in
temperature changes within it's FOV.

> That is one of the reasons it is important to seal the wire entry hole in a PIR.  But it is not a problem unless the air
> current hits an object within the detector's field of view or the detector itself.

You're wrong Death Breath.   Dead wrong.  There's not a alarm tech out
there with any field experience (Unlike you) who hasn't had a problem
with rapid changing air temperature within it's FOV, causing a false
alarm on a PIR.