Re: pir false alarms

Jim wrote:
> Robert L Bass wrote:
>
>>>See if you can figure out when ( time of the
>>>year) (time of the day) false alarms occured.
>>>If you've changed window coverings,
>>>sometimes the angle of the sun at certain
>>>times of the year can shine directly into
>>>motion detectors .....
>>
>>That's a valid consideration in many cases.  However, with 3 separate detectors falsing, it's not very likely.  Possible, but not
>>likely.
>>

> Why don't you tell us exactly where the three motion detectors are
> mounted?  Which direction are they facing?  What part of the room are
> they mounted?
>
> Hmmmm Don't know?  Then your wrong in your biased assumption.

Far be it from me to jump to Bass's defence, but Jim, you're just being an ass.

Bass is correct: with three different sensors falsing, unless they're all
mounted very close together, a change of window coverings, HVAC system, etc.
are, in fact, are not a LIKELY cause.

Possible, yes; likely, no.  That's all he said.

>>Given the information available, the most likely cause would be a bad panel or a bad RF
>>receiver (if the detectors happen to be wireless).
>

> What an idiot you are.
>
> If it was the panel or a reciever ......tell us ...... why is it that
> the dual tech motions cured the problem?

We don't know that they've CURED the problem... they may have simply masked a
symptom.  From the OP's story, we don't evne know how long they've been in, let
alone how long they'll keep working properly, or if the problem will re-appear.