Re: pir false alarms

Robert L Bass wrote:
> > See if you can figure out when ( time of the
> > year) (time of the day) false alarms occured.
> > If you've changed window coverings,
> > sometimes the angle of the sun at certain
> > times of the year can shine directly into
> > motion detectors .....
>
> That's a valid consideration in many cases.  However, with 3 separate detectors falsing, it's not very likely.  Possible, but not
> likely.

Why don't you tell us exactly where the three motion detectors are
mounted?  Which direction are they facing?  What part of the room are
they mounted?

Hmmmm Don't know?  Then your wrong in your biased assumption.

> > or if you've changed houshold heating system
> > or moved objects that now allow hot air to flow
> > past the PIR's.
>
> Although air from the HVAC system can cause a light weight object (loose paper or one of those infamous balloons) to move,
> triggering a PIR, it's not likely to have caused problems with three separate PIRs.

Why don't you tell us exactly where the three motion detectors are
mounted?  Which direction are they facing?  What part of the room are
they mounted?

Hmmmm Don't know?  Then your wrong in your biased assumption.

> Also, there's a commonly held misconception
> about PIRs.  Warm or cool air moving past the detectors won't trip them.  If the air is actually hitting the detector it can
> sometimes trigger a false alarm.  But the detector can't "see" air moving across in front of it.

Which proves that you obvioulsy have no experience what-so-ever
installing alarm systems.

In a cool room, when heat is quickly released in front of a Passive
infrared motion detector, it will likely trip. In the same manner, when
window glass, heated by the sun on a hot day, is rapidly cooled by fast
moving clouds, or a lawnsprinkler system, it can trip a PIR. An
electric heater, starting up in range of a PIR, will trip the unit. And
in all of these instances, there is no heat "hitting" the PIR. I know
because I actually install alarm systems for a living for over 36years.
When is the last time you actually installed anything having to do with
alarm systems?   10 years? 15?   Why don't you sit down, shut up. Stop
trolling and go get another treatment, for as much good it will do you.

> Because this system was in place for more than one year without problems and because there are problems in three separate zones, I
> doubt that the HVAC system is at fault.

Please tell us how you know if there was or wasn't an HVAC system
installed recently or a change in heating systems.  You don't know and
neither do I. .... it's simply a possible cause of the problem.

> Given the information available, the most likely cause would be a bad panel or a bad RF
> receiver (if the detectors happen to be wireless).

What an idiot you are.

If it was the panel or a reciever ......tell us ...... why is it that
the dual tech motions cured the problem?