Re: Brinks vs. Tech-man.com

I really don't understand. If in many years of being in the alarm industry
all you have seen are high school drop outs I don't think you have seen much
of the industry other than residential and small commercial work. Although
most of the folks here post about residential security, there is a group
called systems integrators that don't do much work in residential market.
Systems integrators for the most part have nothing to do with the DIY market
and never will.  To maintain a business relationship with various
manufacturers that market only to systems integrators  involves constant
training. I have 150+ hours of college credit and some courses on product
deployment are more difficult than many senior/grad level college courses in
hard sciences I have had (as a Biology major and Chemistry minor). Like
programming a big video switch with a hybrid IP based matrix for example.
Now that edge recording has made its way to the market, CCTV topics like
these below are now the bill of fare.
How deploy, repair or configure an iSCSI RAID (w/Hyper Term) or
understanding how to control the CIF resolution and frame rates to stay
within bandwidth limitations when no QoS is in the routers or OS. If one
didn't graduate from high school because he or she didn't care much for
study, the alarm business is the wrong business to be in. Sure you run into
guys that won't learn how to back focus a camera or what an IR cut filter is
for, but they do learn something from someone, even if its just the parts
counter guy, or they go to some other line of work. To me the alarm business
is all about studying and trying to learn new things all the time, and that
is part of the reason I post here. Another is many of the posts are really
funny and entertaining.