Re: Pet Peeve of the Week

> Gummys replaced Jujy Fruits, but same principle I guess :-)

We had a slightly different variation on that game.  The movie house in the
town where I grew up had a balcony which was only used for very popular
movies like "Spartacus" and "Pollyanna".  The rest of the time the ushers
would try to keep us kids from using it though they were easily distracted.

Did you know that Cracker Jacks coated with mustard can be successfully
propelled a fair distance from that height with the aid of an improvised
slingshot?  They would not reach the screen.  They would travel about 30
feet in front of the balcony and find their mark on someone's head.  This of
course occasionally resulted in heated discussions between victims and those
seated behind them, neither of whom had any idea who actually fired the
missile.  :^)