Re: Pet Peeve of the Week

Robert L Bass wrote:
>>Gummys replaced Jujy Fruits, but same principle I guess :-)
>

> We had a slightly different variation on that game.  The movie house in the
> town where I grew up had a balcony which was only used for very popular
> movies like "Spartacus" and "Pollyanna".  The rest of the time the ushers
> would try to keep us kids from using it though they were easily distracted.
>
> Did you know that Cracker Jacks coated with mustard can be successfully
> propelled a fair distance from that height with the aid of an improvised
> slingshot?  They would not reach the screen.  They would travel about 30
> feet in front of the balcony and find their mark on someone's head.  This of
> course occasionally resulted in heated discussions between victims and those
> seated behind them, neither of whom had any idea who actually fired the
> missile.  :^)

I used to know someone who claimed he would sit in the balcony of a porn
theater, dispensing his "wit" on the patrons below from a squirt-gun
loaded with hand lotion.  Whether he actually did this or not, I can't
say, but it's an amusing, if somewhat twisted, anecdote.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0620-0, 05/15/2006
Tested on: 5/15/2006 8:03:31 PM