Re: Bob LaLonde and/or Bob Campbell

"Robert L Bass" <robertlbass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> I usually wave back if I see it before they're past me.  I also nod to
> riders at lights.  I had some fun with one guy though.  A sport bike (make
> unknown) and a HD with it's front wheel way out in front were stopped at a
> light when I pulled up.  I nodded and the sport bike rider responded.  HD
> rider sort of sneered at the scooter.... so I dusted him when the light
> changed.  :^)

That may be fun, and I admit to having done some silly things like that in
the past, but don't do it.  Screwing around like that can get you very dead
from other vehicles on the road.  My first long term bike was a little Honda
VT500C that would do really incredible things with its 40HP power plant if
you leaned into it and floated the front wheel about an inch off the
pavement.  I'm probably also lucky to still be here after the way I raced
that thing.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River