Re: United Emirates Port Deal

Bass "plonks" no one, he's much too egotesticle  to risk missing
something  written about him.

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 16:05:28 GMT, Frank Olson
<Use_the_email_links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<Quote>

"I find it somewhat surprising that you would go to such lengths to
prove
a point that has nothing to do with alarms or the security industry
but
everything to do with Robert Bass being "right".

I (for one) would still like to know how you program a 32 Character
LCD
Keypad display to read:  "Attention Burglar." on the first line, and
"Go
Ahead. Make my day." on the second.

If you've sold "thousands" of individual products over the years (and
most of these would have been supplied through ADI), then why is it
their records don't indicate this?  More-over, why would they not name
you "Dealer of the Year" many times over and honor you with pricing
far
below what they provide to ADT?  ADT sells "thousands" of alarm
systems
from multiple locations across North America and the world.  They're
frequently written up in numerous trade magazines.  Why is it I never
heard of Bass Home Electronics before I came here?  If you ask anyone
at
ADI who their biggest customer is, how do you think they would
respond?
  What about Tri-ed?  Or some of your local distributors in Sarasota?

Why would you pass up a chance to get your byline into a magazine like
SDM?

Why is it that in CHA I never see Bass Home Electronics recommended as
an on line source for home-automation and security products (except by
you)?  Everyone there constantly references http://www.smarthome.com,
http://www.wmballen.com, http://www.thehomeautomationstore.com.  Even
http://www.x10.com gets referrals, yet not a single individual there
ever mentions any of your on line entities (I do see many make
comments
that lead me to suspect that your contributions are in fact frequently
appreciated there however).

Why is it that your own customers post into the forum requesting help
either with the equipment they purchased from you or simply wanting
you
to respond to their emails and phone messages?

Have a look at the posts you've made in the last month.  Draw a line
down the middle of a sheet of paper.  Label one half "positive", and
the
other "negative".  How many have denigrated an individual or the
industry (negative)?  How many have been positive?  I did this
particular exercise for my own posts and I didn't like what I saw.  In
fact, it got me to thinking about "the high road" and how easy it is
stray off the path in a medium like this.

If you were to really "keel over" from a heart attack this afternoon,
how would you be remembered?  As a "positive influence" on our
industry?
  How many people outside of Usenet even know who you are?  You make
frequent comments about your contributions to various organizations
(prison ministries, churches, seniors homes) and individuals that
you've
helped along the way.  These are in direct contradiction to what I see
this same individual posting in this forum.  Is the "good" Robert Bass
still in there somewhere, or do you shed him at the office door before
you sit down in front of your keyboard?

I don't expect an answer to any of these questions, although I do know
you read every post in this forum.  Perhaps "Crash", Bob La Londe, Jim
Rojas, or RHC can "bump" this particular post for me.  I won't ask the
"other Frank" in the group to because I figure you have him "plonked"
now as well (although he's never personally attacked you here and your
response was somewhat "less than charitable").

Frank Olson
http://www.yoursecuritysource.com";