DSC Power 632 DIY questions

I bought and wired up this kit from SmartHome:

http://www.smarthome.com/7507kit.html

The PC1555MX (AKA Power 632) seems to have the same programming as the
DSC 5010 Power 832. I've spent quite a bit of time reading past posts
in the newsgroup. However, I'm stuck on a handful of items:

1. The toughest one is getting panel feedback. While the keypad does
give the binary value of the first digit when in programming mode, the
emergency keys do not move to the next digit as the Installation manual
states. So while I would love to give the actual panel data, I haven't
found a way to retrieve it.

2. Stay mode doesn't work as advertised. I currently have 4 doors zoned
as Delay 1 and one motion sensor as Interior. Stay mode does bypass the
motion sensor. However, the doors are still on delay in Stay mode. How
can I program the panel to give an instant alarm when a Delay 1 door is
violated in Stay mode?

3. I wired the telephone jack using some instructions that Robert Bass
posted in this newsgroup a while ago. The phone line seems to be
properly hooked up because I'm no longer getting a fault for TLM once I
reactivated it. I have had no luck in getting pager mode to work.
Following a post here I programmed sections 160, 310, 310, 360, and 365
with reasonable data. I also added the D before the telephone number
and a handful of E's after. I'm working on a direct dial right now.
According to the installation instructions, selecting *6<Master> then 4
activates the alarm and all keypad indicators for 2 seconds, then is
supposed to send a communications status via the telephone. The first
two items occur as described. However, the phone never rings. I did
program the system status code and a reasonable account number for the
first telephone number.

Any help with these items would be greatly appreciated. Also if there's
a post in the newsgroup somewhere that I may have missed, a pointer to
it would be welcome.

Thanks,

BAJ