Re: DSC Power 632 DIY questions

Check section 380 option 1, is your communicator enabled? Yes, then check
302, do you have your pager telephone # programmed here? Yes, then check
311, have you programmed an account code for the second telephone number?
Yes, then check 360, have you programmed 05 for your second telephone number
(pager) format? Yes, then check 361 through 368 - "Communicator Call
Directions" note that for ALL signals, sending to the 2nd telephone number
is disabled by default. If you have all these signals enabled to send to the
2nd (pager) number then check 370 - swinger shutdown limits, perhaps nothing
will send because you are over the limit. .Make sure your panel time is set
as the swinger will reset either on arm/disarm or at midnight. Watch out for
your communicator format esp. with regards to section 381 i.e. Programmed
vs. Automatic reporting codes. "Programmed reporting codes", whether Contact
IDor SIA will not attempt to dial if 00 or FF is programmed (default) for
any signal
Lastly, RTFM especially 5.9 Pager Format:

The Communicator Format option for either telephone number

can be programmed as Pager format. If an event occurs and

the Communicator Call Direction options direct the call to a

telephone number with the Pager Format selected, the panel

will attempt to page.

When calling a pager, extra digits will be required in order for

the format to function properly. The following is a list of Hex

digits and the functions they perform:

Hex [B] - simulates the [*] key on a touch tone telephone

Hex [C] - simulates the [#] key on a touch tone telephone

Hex [D] - forces the panel to search for dial tone

Hex [E] - two second pause

Hex [F] - marks the end of the telephone number

The panel will attempt to call the pager once. Once the appropriate

telephone number is dialed, the panel will send the

account number and Reporting Code followed by the [#] key

(Hex [C]).

The panel has no way of confirming if the pager was called

successfully. A Failure To Communicate trouble will only be

generated if the panel detects a busy tone on all dialing

attempts, or if no dial tone is detected on all dialing attempts.

The pager format will not cause any form of ringback.

NOTE:The Pager Format cannot be used with the LINKS1000

cellular communicator.

NOTE:Do not use the digit C in a reporting code when using

Pager Format. In most cases, the digit C will be interpreted as

a [#], which will terminate the page before it has finished.

NOTE:If the panel detects a busy signal, it will attempt to page

again. It will make the maximum number of attempts programmed

in section [160].

NOTE:Force dialing should be disabled when using Pager format.

NOTE:When using Pager format, you must program two hex

digit E's at the end of the telephone number