Re: Distance between alarm panel and keypad question

Robert L Bass wrote:

> I haven't tried this with a Honeywell Vista series panel

Translation:  He's never *installed* an Ademco Vista series panel.

> but I've
> run Napco keypads 300 feet from the panel using 22/4 cable.

I understand you also recommended CAT 5 for keypad runs...  Tsk!!

> 18
> Gauge wire is a bit more than twice the cmil area of 22-gauge.
> 16/4 is roughly 4 times the core size of 22-gauge and should work
> though I couldn't swear by it.

When all else fails, Robert, RTFM.  This applies to you more than anyone
else in the Group...

By the way how *do* you get a two line 32 character Napco LCD keypad
display to read:  "Attention Burglar" on the first line and "Go ahead.
Make my day" on the second??  Did you ever actually *install* a Napco
panel??

Frank Olson
http://www.yoursecuritysource.com