Re: Distance between alarm panel and keypad question

On 9 Mar 2006 15:53:49 -0800, "Roveer" <roveer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Using a Honeywell Vista alarm panel with the standard keypads (sorry
> for not having all the model numbers, but I don't have them handy).
>
> Question:  How far from the alarm panel can I put a keypad?  I have a
> large jobsite 23K sq ft which has a jobsite trailer that is almost 700
> feet from the alarm panel.  We want to put a keypad in the trailer, but
> don't know what the max distance is between keypad and panel.  Our
> alarm installer is unsure as well, so I'm doing my own research.  Any
> help is appreciated.

I haven't tried this with a Honeywell Vista series panel but I've
run Napco keypads 300 feet from the panel using 22/4 cable.  18
Gauge wire is a bit more than twice the cmil area of 22-gauge.
16/4 is roughly 4 times the core size of 22-gauge and should work
though I couldn't swear by it.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large
groups.