Re: Wireless Security system info wanted

> the way they do carpet out here there usually isn't much
> room under the baseboards, so it's usually peel back
> enough to channel the tack strip then lay the wire on the
> room side of the tack strip...or remove the baseboards
> and slot the drywall then re-install the baseboards...

Most of the homes in Florida these days only have carpet in the
bedrooms.  Everyplace else is tile or granite.  I've run cable
behind the baseboard molding occasionally -- not fun.  We did a
bunch of old homes in New Britain, CT, many years ago.  Most were
built in the early 1920's.  Several were over 100 years old.  In
the largest one there was an outside patio that had been enclosed
and they wanted the doors and screens protected.  We did alarm
screens on all the windows in that house, around 40 of them.

The baseboard in the patio room was tile.  A tech who worked for
me for many years did the job.  He routed the plaster wall just
above the tile, removed the wood trim around an outside door and
all the windows, ran his wires, installed the door contacts and
window screens, closed everything up and touched up the paint
(fortunately, the room had recently been painted and there was a
little of the wall color left over).  When the customer got home
he couldn't find a trace of where we had worked.  He was the best
technician I ever had.

I had a page on my FAQ describing the proper way to remove and
replace baseboards and door/window trim.  It was a combination of
things I've done myself and things learned from that same
technician.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large
groups.