Re: Are there any convenient alarm systems?

"Robert L Bass" <scales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> On 16 Mar 2006 23:12:43 -0800, steveeisner@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> If you're looking for a local installer, I would not suggest
> using the Internet.  You'll most find ads for large, national
> players and DIY suppliers.

I'd steer clear of either.

> If you want a system that can do home automation as well as
> security, ask the dealer if he works with ELK Products' M1 Gold
> system or Napco's Gemini P9600.  These are both competent alarms
> with varying HA capabilities as well.  The ELK system is one of
> the best HA / security controllers in the residential market.

Nice rcommendation.  too bad it's not UL listed.  I'm sure his insurance
company would like him to put an electric device in his house that is non
UL, that way they wouldn't have to pay off due to loss if it was involved.

> The Napco P9600 is a very flexible security controller that can
> interface with HA systems and can also control X10 and hard-wired
> devices directly.  I sell these systems to DIYers and you can get
> information on them from my website.  Although you're not
> interested in DIY, feel free to browse my website or contact me
> if you need help.  I'll be happy to review proposals you receive
> and offer advice even if you're having the system installed
> professionally.

Discuss your security with an ex con you met on the internet.  Another good
recommendation. ;)
and with a BBB report like this.

http://www.bbbwestflorida.org/commonreport.html?bid=41001663