Are there any convenient alarm systems?

I'm shopping around for a complete "intruder detection" package and
everyone seems to offer the same thing:
* 24/7 Monitoring
* Piercing 100db siren
* 4-digit security code to enter and leave your house, go to sleep, or
wake up
* Included fire protection

None of these are very important to me, in fact, they seem like they
would be a nuisance.  I'm reminded of earlier years putting up with
constant false alarms, to the point that we finally stopped using the
system at all.

So I'm wondering: does anyone build a system with the convenience of
the homeowner in mind?

What I'm imagining is something as simple as my car alarm - a small key
fob for each of us to enable and disable the alarm system, or maybe a
system that works in conjunction with deadbolt locks so that I can
continue to use my key to enter the house without worrying about the
alarm.  I'd *really like* to not have to enter a keypad code ever again
in my life, much less multiple times daily.  Also, I'd rather be
notified by door chimes when a door is opened, not set off an alarm.

I'm also hoping to find smarter scheduling that will let us
differentiate how it responds when we're asleep at home vs. out of the
house vs. awake in the house, rather than just "ARMED" vs "DISARMED".
In other words, a glass break is always a serious event at any time but
opening any door isn't, except maybe after we've gone to bed it could
set off an inside alarm to wake us up.

This might even be a smarthome question rather than just an alarm
system.  But I figure someone must be addressing this problem even if
it costs a bit more?  For me, price is not a concern when compared to
building a system which will help us enforce good habits like making
sure all the doors are locked while we're gone, rather than punishing
us for not tailoring our lives to the limits of simple magnetic
sensors.

So - have you guys heard of anything like this?

Thanks in advance!
Steve