Re: Great deal, great product.

Robert L Bass wrote:

> And yet here you are posting away on this topic which doesn't
> interest you.  Strange.

I think you've misread what he's saying.  I don't think he's interested
in getting involved in the Robert L. Bass "fan club" (or the "IB" as you
so frequently call it) and all that it entails.

>>I don't care when you started your business...
>

> I don't care when you closed yours either.

Do you even know who this individual is?  How do you know he even runs a
business?  From his sig, I'd say he was a "fire alarm technician".

> Fortunately, you are not the intended audience of my posts.
> Since you are so disinterested, you might want to filter my
> posts.  That way my ramblings won't clutter up your little world.

Who exactly is the "intended audience" of your posts?  Who is the
"intended audience" of this forum?  Let me refresh your memory:

"The Group's Purpose:

To provide a place for members of the Alarm/Security industry to
interact with each other and with the public in manners regarding the
installation and/or use of Alarm and Security equipment."

(http://www.yoursecuritysource.com/aboutasa.htm)

This "Group" isn't about DIY, Robert.  What part of "members of the
Alarm/Security industry to interact with each other and the public"
don't you understand?  No other on line dealer that posts here
interprets this the way you seem to be doing.  Remember our discussion
about "ethics" a while ago?  Have you bothered looking it up?

> Many alarm dealers, including myself, install surround sound
> speakers, home theaters, etc.

When was the last time you *installed* anything as a *professional*
(i.e. for compensation)?  Are you licensed as a home theatre installer?
  Do you pay worker's compensation?  Do you have insurance?  You've sold
your house, yet the address you list for your various on line entities
still reference it.

> In fact, a recent thread about
> this was started by Jiminex if I recall correctly.

You do, in fact "recall" this correctly.  What are you doing now?
Comparing yourself to an actual *installing Dealer*?  You run an on line
parts business.

> Have you
> contacted him to express your objection to what you believe is an
> off-topic thread.  I'm sure he'll be more than willing to discuss
> your preferences as to what he should or should not say in a
> gentlemanly fashion.  I look forward to reading that discussion.
> :^)

What part of "I'm just not interested" don't you understand?

> It's so nice of you to point that out.  I'm sure you have my best
> interests at heart in doing so.  I hope you won't be offended if
> I choose to continue posting here just the same.  Of course,
> since you're not interested, it won't matter anyway, right?

Right.

> You're breaking my heart.  You just can't imagine how deeply hurt
> I am not to have won the friendship of a bunch of thugs.

Who's the "bigger thug", here?  Who's got a history of nastiness in
Usenet that spans a decade and a bit?

> But do
> feel free to keep whining.  It's a sure way for you to win their
> affection, err such as it is.

Ahh...  You mean he's made an astute observation which you've taken
exception to.  I notice you haven't responded to his reply.

> I don't recall making such a comment.  Was that someone else?

Yep.  And you know very well just who it was too!!

> You're most welcome.

Now you're accepting praise for something you didn't provide!!

> Whom?  Never heard of her.  Personally, I'd rather have Olson
> supervise the exam.  It would be fun just watching him try to
> figure out what all those little holes in the overlay are for.
> :^)

When you join them up they're supposed to make a pretty picture, right?  :-)

Frank Olson
http://www.yoursecuritysource.com