Re: difference in quality of equipment: ADT, Brinks, Slomins, etc?

Pink,
In my original question I DID ask about independent dealers (by that I
meant independently owned alarm companies not authorized dealers of the
national chains).

my orig question, at the very beginning of this thread: "I am looking
to get a residential alarm system (3 family house in urban
area).  Is there a difference in quality of equipment between ADT,
Brinks, Slomins?
What about independent dealers?  How would a consumer know if the
equipment was "good"? "