Re: difference in quality of equipment: ADT, Brinks, Slomins, etc?

rogue_petunia@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Pink,
> In my original question I DID ask about independent dealers (by that I
> meant independently owned alarm companies not authorized dealers of the
> national chains).
>
> my orig question, at the very beginning of this thread: "I am looking
> to get a residential alarm system (3 family house in urban
> area).  Is there a difference in quality of equipment between ADT,
> Brinks, Slomins?
> What about independent dealers?  How would a consumer know if the
> equipment was "good"? "

If you browse the various alarm supplier web sites you'll see that
there's probably about 10 mfg's of panels. Ademco, Napco, (my choice)
Caddx, DSC, and so on.
Most major National alarm companies use one of these brands or have one
of these mfg private lable them. I'd avoid any private labled
equipment. Just means they're probably the only one who can service it
if they have anything specialy engineered into it.

So once you've determined that whoever you chose to give you an
extimate is using nationally recognized equipment don't give it any
more thought. It's all pretty good and the complexity of what panel is
going to be used is up to what ever features you'r willing to pay for
or need/want

Most important is to determine that the company that you choose comes
to you by recomendation from someone who has used them before. Thats
the best way to pick someone who'll do a good job for you.