Re: Wireless Security system info wanted

Robert L Bass wrote:
> > P.S. I don't know Bass, unless he's the guy
> > posting for Belfort instruments.
>
> Well in that case hi,  I'm Robert.  I'm not familiar with Belfort
> Instruments.  I operate several security related websites selling
> systems to DIYers and occasionally to small dealers.
>

> Friend, as you said above, you don't know me.  You also don't
> know the fellow calling himself "Double-sided tape" or any of the
> other folks who post in this newsgroup.  Enough said?
>
> --

Nah not quite enough. Let's REALLY fill him in on who he would
be dealing with should he want to buy parts for his project.
Well ............. welcome to the ASA continuing saga of soap opera
affairs.

Robert Bass is a long time trouble maker here in ASA. He's insulted
just about anyone and everyone who takes any position that even
slightly opposes his. He takes swipes at people and then when they
respond and get angry at his arrogance and snotty attitude, he will
then stand aloof and say they are the cause.

Many years ago, he was ousted from an aviation group for doing the very
same thing that he does here. So my description of his attitude and
methods now ...... is documented in posts made all those years ago by a
number of other people, in almost the very same words. In other words,
he does it on purpose. He has called peoples employers to try to get
them in trouble and has called various other entities to get people in
trouble, claiming they were not properly installing alarms. He has been
caught canceling other people posts and posting to competitors web
sites under the name of members of this group, that he doesn't get
along with. A nasty, sneaky SOB, to say the least. He's even reported
someone to one of the aviation boards for flying while intoxicated, yet
had no proof. In other words, because he had a disagreement in the news
group, he tried to get even by getting the other person barred from
flying.

Bass's sole and only purpose here is to promote and sell equipment from
his web site. He ridicules anyone who thinks that he shouldn't be doing
that and constantly belittles alarm installers. The original FAQ of the
group said that there should be no advertising, but he ignores that.
The original founder of the group Steve Rykman left the group in total
frustration many years ago, because of the futility of trying to make
the group a peaceful place with out it being moderated. The turmoil was
over Bass insisting on advertising his web site to end users and his
arrogant attitude towards installers who do this for a living. Bass
continuously mocks installers so as to make it appear that all end
users can install systems easily. Unfortunately, Steve finally left.

The problem with what he does here  is, it disrupts the group so much
and no one comes here to add to the conversation and those that do,
without seeing the past history of *why* ............ only see the
disruption that I or anyone who outwardly opposes him causes, and it
only looks like we and not Bass, who's the cause of the carnage. Again,
the past turmoil that occurred in the aviation group was of the same
nature as occurs here. So it's not just a coincidence that in both
groups that he's in, that it's like this.

At present all is pretty calm because everyone pretty much lets him get
away with what ever egotistical and pompous posts he makes. Most don't
like what he does here but many wont join in any attempt to sanction
him for any reason. By the way, privately (by e-mail) they just plain
don't like him, but they're just too laid back to get involved with
trying to put him in his place. I cannot count the number of people who
no longer come here because of what this man has caused in this group.
I would estimate forty or fifty people, at the least.

Just thought I'd fill you in a little. I've been here for about 7 years
and Bass is just one of those people that, it it were real life, you'd
leave any group he was involved with, because you'd likely wind up
being put away for assault. He's an instigator and a purveyor of
turmoil wherever he goes.

If you'd like references to do some searches on past events, just let
me know. He's a nasty arrogant lying SOB and a Google search will prove
it. Unfortunately in such groups as this, people like yourself don't
have the history of misfits like this and can be easily taken in by his
slimey offerings of help. He's had repeated complaints against him and
repeated claims of no response to emails, when his customers need help.

Beware and buy elsewhere. You"ve got nothing to lose by going somewhere
else for you equipment.

Jim