Re: Wireless Security system info wanted

Jim wrote:

> Nah not quite enough. Let's REALLY fill him in on who he would
> be dealing with should he want to buy parts for his project.
> Well ............. welcome to the ASA continuing saga of soap opera
> affairs.
>

> Robert Bass is a long time trouble maker here in ASA.

<snip>

Y'know, The OP should really take some time and Google "Robert L Bass
liar" in Google's "Groups" page.  First, precede it with
"alt.security.alarms", then "alt.rec.aviation".  It's truly amazing
what's out there (and what's worse, it's all posted from his own keyboard).

I can't remember all the lies he's told about me (the list just keeps
growing).  He hasn't been able to peg down where I work so continues to
make references to my being a "counter clerk", has blatantly lied about
my "offering" to donate money to some fireman's museum, then reneging on
it and a whole lot more.

He absolutely refuses to answer some key questions I've put to him
regarding his installation experience in CT, continues to make
misleading comments about that "experience" (even though he isn't
licensed in Florida), and what's even more ludicrous, figures his
"customer support" is on a par with "Smarthome" or "Norcoalarms".
What's really incredible is that most of his customers wind up posting
their questions and complaints into this Newsgroup as it's practically
impossible to call him on the phone, and you can "forget" email.  He
hasn't updated his "office's" address for months.

It's best not to respond to him at all, IMHO.  Practically the only
reason I do these days is to ask for some form of "proof" for his more
outlandish claims and stories (you'll notice he's never responded).

In addition to what Jim's said, be aware that he has pop-under
advertising on his primary website (which he vehemently denies to this
day).  The most insidious of the ads that "rotate" on each visit is
called "Winfixer" which has been identified by Symantec as a moderate
security risk.  The pop-up for this software is "timed" very carefully
and if you "left click" too quickly you could easily wind up installing
it.  I'd suggest using a good "pop-up/pop-under" blocker.  I do hope the
OP sticks around for the "kicks and giggles" though.

Frank Olson
http://www.yoursecuritysource.com