Re: ADI vs. Internet Pricing

"camman" <camman@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:i9vog.283759$5Z.150573@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Exactly Robert.. I was finding CCTV stuff much cheaper through the
internet
> and on sites that were retail, not dealer discounted.  No application, no
> resale ID... support, I dont know?  But I am a small two man shop and my
> volume with ADI is minimal, thus the pricing column I fall into is prob.
the
> highest tier.. For me, being a small operator, I am prob better off
> cultivating a relationship with an online vendor than dealing with ADI..
> they want big guys.. not me.

They have sale quotas to meet just like any other business. Take pricing to
them and see if they will match or beat it. They would rather negotiate than
simply loose your business. Once you have negotiated a price on an item,
that will be your price because they look at the last price you paid. Talk
to them. I am a small dealer as well and if the price is to high, I tell
them they need to do better on the item if they can. They usually can and
do, believe me. I also deal with two other distributors in the area as well.
Between the three, I get the price I can live with.