Re: ADI vs. Internet Pricing

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 11:48:37 -0400, "Robert L Bass"
<robertlbass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Either I am not getting the pricing everyone else is getting on CCTV
>> equip.,
>> or dealers on the net are selling below cost.. I am getting better pricing
>> off the internet on Pelco than from my supply house!  Anyone else seeing
>> this trend?
>
>It varies from one manufacturer to the next but some distributors will give
>you a much better price than others.  Almost none of the manufacturers'
>dealer direct prices are competitive though.

That all depends on how big the dealer is.  Like anything else, price
obviously depends on volume.  It used to be we could get some stuff
cheaper from ADI than directly from the manufacturer.  With all of the
consolidation and competition that doesn't happen anymore.  Our
problem is overhead and labor costs.