Re: Problems with door alarm system and cell backup package

No, the antenna does not necessarily go outside.  It is simply a higher gain
antenna than the little antenna that comes with the cell radio.  When
dealing with radio, you sometimes can move a transmitter or receiver by a
few inches and receive an entirely different result.