Re: Need Advice For Packaged Home Alarm Purchase

Slomins will place a lien on your home, and their warranty drives the
rate from $25 per month to $37 per month. They also install refurbished
equipment.
If the choice is between ADT and Brinks I'm going with Brinks. Tyco/ADT
is a complete joke. Don't disqualify Brinks so fast either.
Monitronics is also an option (albeit not what they once were) you
should look at.
Never shop price in this industry because it will drive you nuts, and
the cheapest upfront will always bite you in the ass in the long run.
Check the Installation Quality Control Board website and find a few
dealers in your area who are members. The IQ Board makes false alarm
prevention their number one issue, and their installation guidelines
back that up.
Some of the characters offering "advice" have their own personal
agendas so beware of these clowns spewing their nonsense.
If they truly knew as much as they proclaim they would be more
successful, and wouldn't be operating home-based businesses.
Long term contracts work both ways. No company wants to sign a long
term agreement with a customer who is going to be a pain in the ass or
default on payments especially when the alarm company has more invested
upfront than the customer. The alarmco has more to lose in the front
end, and will do what it takes to retain your business for the long
haul. Month to month companies can drop off the face of the earth in a
second leaving you to go through this shit all over again, and they
tend to switch central stations whenever a cheaper alternative comes
along. An example of a solid central station is Rapid Response. An
example of  shoemaker centrals is AlarmCentral and NextAlarm.
I'd guarantee most of those spewing crap about contracts, and
installing companies have used no fewer than five different central
stations during their tenures in this field.
This is risky. The most important part of the system is the monitoring!
All alarm systems are equal until an emergency occurs and you need
immediate assistance. When the emergency arises is the separation time
between the best and the rest.
A few of us here have had hands-on experience with all of these
companies, and our opinions will greatly differ so the job is YOURS to
do the research. Take the bits and pieces from everyone, sift through
the bullshit, add whatever FACTS you find, and good luck with your
choice.