Re: Need Advice For Packaged Home Alarm Purchase

Initial term of the contract should be something reasonable..2-3 years is
common...anything  more as an initial term is kinda ridiculous. Most
contracts auto-renew yearly on the anniversary date of the signing, this
usually tied to your procedure on canceling monitoring should you decide to
cancel after the initial term...read what the notification time is...usually
30 days prior. Some states have restricitons on auto-renewal clauses.

What is their policy if you move before the initial term is expired?

Read the fine print. Do you own all of the equipment once you have paid them
for the installation - not completion of the initial term of the contract?
Make sure what you are buying is not actually a hidden leased system.

Is the equipment proprietary? < Stay away from this, because if you're not
happy and you cancel and the equipment is proprietary like one big alarmco's
is...you endup throwing it away.

However, all that being said..you are really buying a relationship. Do you
like the guy? Did you get good recommendations from other people? Do they
seem like a company you can deal with?

BTW, contacts don't have to be inforced. I let people slide all the
time...sometimes you have to, sometimes it just the right thing to do (not
enforce a clause) to keep a client happy. I DO enforce contracts when
someone hasn't paid me for a zillion months - thats fair I should think :-)

"Mike" <wxyz09@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| Is there anything I should look out for in a contract?
|
| Mike

| > You as the buyer will most likely not be specifying anything in a
| > contract.
| >

| > "Mike" <wxyz09@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| > | I'm looking for advice for a packaged home alarm system.  Would like
| > advice
| > | for vendors, what I need to buy and what to avoid and advice on how to
| > deak
| > | with vendors, eg what I nned to ask them and specify in a contract.
| > |
| > | Thanks
| > |
| > | Mike