Re: Connecting two DMP alarms together? Outputs to Zones? Possible?

Okay, I tried posting a couple times but they never made it through. Here's
another try.

Actually the system isn't commericial. The XR200 is attached to the house,
and the
XRSuper6 is attached to a garage. All the zones are used up in the house,
except for
7 and 8.

I'm not a professional alarm system installer. I'm just a DIY, with the only
experience
being DMP panels.

You are right, that I could have brought the fire zone and burglary into to
the XR200,
but I didn't want to do that. I wanted the garage to be armed separate.

So the only way I thought I could tie the two systems together would be if I
used the
annuciator outputs of the XRSuper6.

Regardless of industry best practices (which I 100% respect), shouldn't I be
able to
do accomplish this?

I'm starting to understand more about how the outputs work, ie going to
ground when
triggered. I realize that if I tie into aux power, and use the output, when
the alarm is triggered
I will get 12V across the line. When the output is not active, I somehow
need to come
up with a normally closed circuit. Would I need to use a transistor or relay
somehow?

Again, thank you all for your responses. I really appreciate it.

I have a couple more questions about DMPs keypad bus system. But I will
start
another topic.

Thanks,
-- Jason Millard