Re: Connecting two DMP alarms together? Outputs to Zones? Possible?

The XR-200 is partitionable you could have just put a expansion keypad in
the garage and ran 4 zones off the keypad and run that on it's own
partition...or a  regular keypad and 4 or 8 or 16 zone expander. They only
thing you wouldn't have is a separate siren for the garage system (which you
could rig another way). One partition for the house, one for the garage,
both on the same account number saving the client having to pay for 2
monitored accounts. Would have been less for equipment as well.

You know the 200 will expand to 250+ plus zones right - so you couldn't be
out of zones on the 200 unless your house is really really big.

You're probably the only DIY'er I've run into on the internet using DMP.

"Jason Millard" <jsm174@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| Okay, I tried posting a couple times but they never made it through.
Here's
| another try.
|
| Actually the system isn't commericial. The XR200 is attached to the house,
| and the
| XRSuper6 is attached to a garage. All the zones are used up in the house,
| except for
| 7 and 8.
|
| I'm not a professional alarm system installer. I'm just a DIY, with the
only
| experience
| being DMP panels.
|
| You are right, that I could have brought the fire zone and burglary into
| the XR200,
| but I didn't want to do that. I wanted the garage to be armed separate.
|
| So the only way I thought I could tie the two systems together would be if
| used the
| annuciator outputs of the XRSuper6.
|
| Regardless of industry best practices (which I 100% respect), shouldn't I
be
| able to
| do accomplish this?
|
| I'm starting to understand more about how the outputs work, ie going to
| ground when
| triggered. I realize that if I tie into aux power, and use the output,
when
| the alarm is triggered
| I will get 12V across the line. When the output is not active, I somehow
| need to come
| up with a normally closed circuit. Would I need to use a transistor or
relay
| somehow?
|
| Again, thank you all for your responses. I really appreciate it.
|
| I have a couple more questions about DMPs keypad bus system. But I will
| start
| another topic.
|
| Thanks,
| -- Jason Millard

| > besides, this sounds like a commercial installation and the xr-6 is not
| > commercial fire rated (pretty sure it's not)...you may be better off
| > running
| > a fire rated zone expander off the 200 over to the other building...that
| > way
| > its also supervised.
| >
| > there are other possibilities as well.
| >

| > "Crash Gordon" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| > | They're collector outputs.
| > |
| > | Why do you want to do this? If you can run a wire from the xr-200 why
| > not
| > | just put that systems fire zone on one of the xr-200 fire zones ( 9 &
| > 10 )
| > | are both 2 wire smoke det. fire zones on the 200.
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | <jsm174@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message