Re: Phone Jack Locations?

"Frank Olson" wrote...
>> You must have some smart customers there.
>

> Nope.  Just ones that have been educated properly.  :-)

Would be nice if I could go back and follow up on training myself.  Just
doesn't happen though.  We had a huge rash of break ins over Christmas, I'm
the only installer for our little company in our little town, and we're
booked for the next month or two solid.  Time is simply not an option
anymore.

>> I've actually had someone from Telus take the jack from a Lynx and use it
>> as a new jack in another room.
>
> <sigh>

There's more Telus stories, but maybe another day.  Or was the sigh for
someone actually using a Lynx system?  If so, I agree, especially the ones
where the batteries can be removed from the top of the panel.  But it was
there before I was, so I was kinda stuck with it.

>> Back to the customers though, many of ours lose their manual in the first
>> week (or day).
>
> I have customers that can pull out the manual from the refridgerator they
> purchased in 1963.  I have one guy that's kept all the owners manuals for
> every Ford (plus one Edsel) he's owned since 1949.

We have a couple people like this.  On the other hand, we also have a few
people who have their codes written on a card, under the panel.  You guessed
it, Simon 2's from the doorknocker sales people.

>> Others who have keyfobs insist on getting them but then leave them
>> hanging with the rest of the keys and forget about them.  We get dozens
>> of calls when daylight savings time begins and ends on changing the
>> clock. Keypad emergency buttons?  Where?  I've always screwed the panels
>> shut instead of locking them, so I haven't had too many problems with
>> lost keys. Although I have the professional grade universal panel key
>> anyway.
>
> Is that the long silver one with the big rubber handle on the end?? Mine
> says "KLEIN" on the side!!  :-)

Not quite... mine is a two piece key.  The first piece in a long silver one
with a plastic handle on one end and a flat blade on the other.  The other
piece strongly resembles a hammer.

>> Fortunately, in many newer homes, the demarc box is somewhere inside the
>> house.
>

> The Telus nimrods must be smarter in your end of town.

If this is Telus smart, I can't wait till I get enough brain damage to get
hired.  If that doesn't pan out, I could always look forward to a career as
a drywaller.  :)