Re: Need Advice For Packaged Home Alarm Purchase

If it can be hardwired then choose that option. $70 for a wireless
sensor is actually a pretty decent price considering your market. I'm
curious as to why the sales rep didn't mention fire, or if he did why
you didn't consider it? IMO fire is the most important part of a
security system.
If the average crook thinks you have an alarm system he will break into
another house instead. The crook doesn't know what is protected and
what's not so rather than gambling with your house he'll pick off your
neighbor who doesn't have a system. Fire on the other hand doesn't care
if you have a system or not. Fire will strike wherever it wants, and
whenever it wants. If your budget is tight then reduce the burg side of
the system and add fire. Remember Mike, all systems can be added to at
a later date so you don't have to go for the full monty now if it's
going to hurt you financially to do so. Don't let the salesman sell you
what HE wants you to buy. Buy what you can and try to cover all bases
as best you can.
If you really like this company you just sat with, and if your budget
is topped out at 650.00 then ask the rep to swap the keyfob for a
smoke. At least it's a starting point and you won't regret it.

Best of luck,

Tom