Re: Need Advice For Packaged Home Alarm Purchase

I guess it's fair to say a couple of things at the risk of perhaps appearing
to blow my own horn !!  Firstly, not everybody in our industry would agree
with a lot of what I say; in fact, many take strong exception to parts of it
since some flys in the face of standard industry practices. However, that's
ok too, since the site was geared towards the consumers perspective, and not
the industry's perspective. I figure our industry can look after itself;
it's the buying consumer that could use a little help !

Second, in any industry on any product or service, far too many websites
only give potential clients little more than an advertisement that says
"call me for more information", and sometimes not even a basic idea of their
pricing. Consumers today are literally bombarded with one sided information
which basically screams "buy me, buy me", and they tend to get very jaded. I
believe most companies could gain a real toehold over their competition if
they simply put themselves in the consumer's shoes and give them the
information they need and want in order to make an informed decision. It's
one thing to "put your best foot forward" in your presentation; it's quite
another to do so without giving the potential client ALL the facts (even
when they don't show you necessarily in the best light.....).

I must admit, I do get a great deal of business locally from this site. I
honestly never intended it to be a sales tool at all, but it has turned out
that way unexpectedly, and especially more so as it has evolved over the
years to include my detailed pricing. Like everything in business should, it
has turned out to be a "win win" situation for me (and I'd like to think,
for those customers that come to me off the site).

I appreciate your kind words, and I hope the information put you in a better
position to make the best choice FOR YOU !!

Cheers and good luck whoever you eventually decide to deal with !!

RHC