Re: Need Advice For Packaged Home Alarm Purchase

> Very interesting and useful post.  Can DIY systems
> be monitored remotely by a CS?

Yes.  DIYers can contract directly with some central stations or
go through a local dealer for their monitoring.  The difference
is that if you install it yourself you shouldn't be paying an
inflated price for monitoring to make up for "loss leader" prices
on a professional installation.

DIY isn't for everyone.  If you're considering that option,
you're welcome to call and I'll explain what you'll need to buy,
what tools you will need and what is involved in the work.  It's
not rocket science.  You need a bit of patience to get the hang
of some of the tasks.  In addition to running a small, central
station alarm company for 24 years, I've operated an online DIY
store for about nine years (some of that time overlaps as I ran
both businesses side-by-side for a while).  In all that time I
know of two cases where DIY clients actually gave up and hired a
pro to help them finish.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass