Re: EOL's

On 19 Feb 2006 05:18:32 -0800, "Al Colombo"
<securitymission@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > No, Al.  The percentage of deviation is a manufacturing issue.
> > The resistor will remain at whatever it was when it was made for
> > time immemorial.  Tolerance is not an indicator of the resistor's
> > propensity to change value over time (as you originally stated).
>
> How much experience do you really have at servicing electronic systems

Obviously more than you, Al.  I spent 24 years actually doing
this for a living while you spent your time asking professionals
(you know, guys like me) to write about it.  You then incorporate
the things those of us who know how to install write into
articles in SDM.

> Robert? I was trained as an associate engineer in electronics...

Clearly you missed class the day they explained how resistors
function.

> the man between the engineers and the manufacturing floor.

I thought that was the janitor's location.

> My experience also includes...
> --- snip resume ---

I really don't care where you went to school or what you did
before you started writing articles for SDM.  You're wrong about
resistor tolerance.  Deal with it and move on.

> Your assessment of the "resistor" is not practical but
> rather theoretical...

My statement was factual, plain and simple.  You surmised how
they work and you were wrong.  I know how they work.  Get over
it.  You're only making yourself look foolish trying to argue
this.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large
groups.