Re: Need Advice For Packaged Home Alarm Purchase

Nomen Nescio wrote:

> Jim, don't you realize when you're being played for a sucker?
>
> Alarman has learned how to push your buttons, and he enjoys doing it.  All
> he has to do is say something like "Nitey night, gramps," and you respond,
> full of piss and vinegar, about which dicks he likes to suck.  He reads
> your response and laughs his ass off.  Then he starts it all over again,
> and you go for it, all over again.
>
> Most of the time, I agree with you.  Your technical knowledge is
> first-rate, and if we ever met in person, I think I'd like you.  But when
> you let someone else push your buttons, you're playing their game, not
> yours.  And you won't win by playing their game.  You can think of a
> thousand different ways to call this guy a cocksucker, and he'll just sit
> back and laugh at you.  Don't give him the satisfaction.

Don't fret over it Nomen.
I laugh just as hard over his feeble attempts to show some kind of
spirit that he can't seem to muster against anyone else. He thinks he's
pushing "buttons" which is just testimony to his stupidy.  His best
shot is name calling and I simply reply in kind. No real animosity
here, and in fact I  really enjoy watching his inability to come up
with anything that is really insulting. He calls me old, (which, no
denying, I am, so whats insulting about that?) and I call him a cock
sucker. ( which, no denying he is, so what's insulting about that?)
It's stupid, of him to think that he's doing anything but getting the
very same back that he thinks he's dishing out. That's all it is.
Nothing more. Nothing less. If he want's it to stop all he has to do is
stop the silly childish name calling and it will end. Otherwise, when
I'm dealing with someone with a childish mentality, I'll deal with them
at their level.
Simple as that.

I'd be real happy to let it go ..... but .......... it's not up to me.
You see, if I
I G N O R E it, by not responding, they get all the free shots and I
don't get any. My non participation wouldn't lessen the attacks so
...... hell, why not at least get some shots in too? In Usenet, it's an
entirely different world. ASA is really merely a hobby of minor
distractions and something I do while listening to my favorite radio
shows on line.

Oh ..... And as far as "game playing" goes.
You see, it works this way. As long as I do respond ........ it's MY
game. I win. They make a nasty comment and I respond. They make a nasty
comment and I respond. They DON'T make a nasty comment   .... I don't
have anything to respond to and ......... they win.