Re: Alarm Panel For Detached Garage

Thanks for all the great information.

I'll go with a PC5204 in the main house and run a 4-wire conductor out
to the garage.  In the garage will be the magnetic sensors, 8 zone
expander, and an LED keypad.  All the garage stuff will be on a second
partition.  I hope the garage components can handle the cold.

I can also add a Street Smart Code Encryptor II keyfob in the garage,
right next to the keypad.  The street smart will also operate the
garage door opener.

>From what I gather from the manual the Street Smart unit appears to
emulate a keypad.  I hope it will work if the keypad it emulates is on
partition 2.  There is no mention of partitions in the Street Smart
manual.