Re: Alarm Panel For Detached Garage

"T. Lee" <tommy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:11ug3082pur9ie5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> My suggestion would be to put the 5204 either in the can with the main
panel
> if room allows or put it in a can adjacent and pull the appropriate sized
> wires put to the garage. this will allow you to redistribute the power
load
> on the main panel and the 5204. Take some devices off the main panel and
put
> the 5204 on it, then power the devices you took off the main panel from
the
> 5204 and the devices you are putting in the garage.
>
> take the yellow and green off the keybus and power from the 5204 to the
> garage to run the 8 zone expander. be sure to size your wires
appropriately
> and make sure that you don't exceed the keybus wire length limit.
>

> "bjordan" <jordanbrian@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > I'll need the extra power supply, because I'll want an LED keypad and
> > motion detection (or two twinned) in the garage.
> >
> > The PC5204 manual indicates that it pulls 20mA off the keybus.  I
> > suppose the 1A of power it adds comes off the AUX terminal.  Can I jump
> > the AUX to the incoming keybus red so that the PC5204 powers itself?  I
> > ask because the main house system (PC5010) is already maxed out on
> > keybus power.
> >
> > Also, can the PC5204 both power itself and add power back through the
> > keybus that connects it to the panel?  In other words, if a system was
> > overtaxed on power, can a PC5204 be added to the system with the AUX
> > connected to the system keybus?
> >
> > The PC5204 manual is very brief!

There won't be room for the 5204 in the control can. Don't forget, the 5204
needs its own battery too. Also, the 5204 will use about 20 ma from the
control panel's power supply, so you need to account for that in the load
calcs. The 5204 will repower the keybus from that point on however, just
follow the directions in the box.
js