Re: How much effort should I put to hard-wire?

I used to dread installing systems in pre-WW2 homes here in the midwest,
because the lumber shortages during WW1 and WW2 caused some really
interesting situations vis-a-vis concrete, block, stone, slabs, etc., not to
mention the challenges and dangers of working in tight places around
knob-and-tube wiring, older plumbing, etc.

Depending on how much experience you have wiring an older home, wireless
would seem to be a straightforward approach with the least amount of hassle
invloved. At the very least, go with a hybrid system, so that you can
hardwire what is easily accessible, and use wireless for the difficult
stuff. Good luck.