How much effort should I put to hard-wire?

I am in the midst of designing an alarm system for my residence. I have
four exterior entrances (front, back, two sets of french doors) and one
to the garage I would like to alarm. This is an circe 1920 house so
installing the switches may not be a walk in park. How much effort
should I put into hard-wiring the switches before I look to RF? I do
have a basement will (nearly) full access to the areas below the doors.

Thanks,
Eric