Re: How much effort should I put to hard-wire?

Depends on how much work you want to do. These days RF is so reliable it's
usually a wash equip cost vs time spent. If you don't wanna see the
transmitters on doors/windows you can always cut them in the wall with old
work boxes and blank covers installed at outlet height too.