Re: How much effort should I put to hard-wire?

> I never stated that he shouldn't install it himself...

Noted:  You only said there were all manner of dangers in doing
so due to lumber shortages a couple of decades after his home was
built.  I'm still trying to figure out how that worked but not to
worry.  Your vitriolic response removed any doubt about your
motives.

> you fucking moron....

Not so.  I don't even know you.  :^)

> He is obviously GOING to install it himself, or he
> wouldn't be asking- eh, Einstein? Just trying to
> help the fellow out, in case he doesn't have much
> experience, and point him to some wireless capable
> equipment...

Which particular equipment was that?

> He's going to end up using it with a home built way
> back then- ask him when he's done what difficulties
> he encountered,

Older homes can be more time consuming but for the most part
they're not significantly more difficult to wire than modern
homes.  I've installed completely wireless systems in many old
homes over the years, including the home of *Jacob Shallus'
brother where the US Constitution was briefly hidden more than
200 years ago.  On that job I had to first remove the surface
wiring installed by Sonitrash.

Once you've done a few of these jobs you get the hang of it.  I
explained how to wire the detectors the gentleman mentioned.
Maybe you should print the post.  That will take less effort and
prove far more useful than posting more gutter talk.

> troll.

Nice sig line.

*Jacob Shallus penned the Constitution though he was not one of
the signers.  As an avid history buff, you probably already knew
that, right?

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass