Re: X10? Any good? Need some advice.

Robert L Bass wrote:

> Anyone is welcome to post here.  You don't
> need to be an installer.  Heck, one of the regular poster (me)
> quit installing for a living several years ago  and another
> (Olson) never installed anything.

Now, now Robert.  For someone claiming "years" of installation
experience, I wonder if you could enlighten me on how it is you program
an LCD keypad with a 32 character 2 line display to read "Attention
Burglar" (on the first line) and "Go Ahead. Make my day." (on the
second).  Why not dazzle us with more of your installation acumen?  "Go
ahead, Robert.  Make my day."

As for your comment about me, you said it so well yourself (and I'll
repeat it here without asking your permission):

"Saying so without proof is misleading and unfair."

> If the X10 device does what you want it to do, the price is
> acceptable and it doesn't cause you too many headaches, go right
> ahead and use it.

You would, of course, say this.  You sell equipment you wouldn't use (or
recommend) yourself, on your numerous websites.  I can't for the life of
me figure out how someone that's expressed so much "concern" for his
customer's satisfaction can promote (much less sell) products he knows
to be less than perfect.  I imagine it's how you justify your existance
though...  Coaching someone with little actual experience to do a "less
than perfect" installation with "less than perfect" equipment...  on the
phone...  from Brazil...  Tsk!

http://www.clearwater.bbb.org/commonreport.html?bid=41001663

Frank Olson
http://www.yoursecuritysource.com