Re: wire vs wired

Jim wrote:
> Chub wrote:
>
>>obviously you are an extraordinary security provider.  :)
>

> Awwww shucks ...... twarnt nuffin!
>

>>I'm sure you agree that hardwired is better even without obsolescence
>>factored though, as long as it can be hardwired.
>

> Wired is always the first choice. But it gripes me when I see wireless
> getting a bad rap by people who don't know how to install it. If done
> properly, except for battery changing, it's just as reliable and has
> some additional features and capabilities that hard wire doesn't.
>

>>poster is in FL I think
>>and those houses are not always easy to hardwire what with no basements and
>>tile floors especially in a 2 story so he may have to go at least partially
>>wireless.
>

> Yeah. And I certainly wouldn't want to be crawling if a crawl space,
> under a house that's in Florida. :-o

Considering that in most cases (according to an installer I work with
who worked in Fl for years) you would be crawling through soggy dirt
under a concrete slab. ;-)

The Company I work for balances the man hours it will (probably) require
to run a wire -vs- the cost of the wireless component and that is the
determining factor.  If a salesman spec's a wired door contact in a door
over a finished basement with no way to go up - we put in wireless.

On the side I do telephone, cable and data network wiring in homes.  I
frequently do basedboard or crown mold shots that can get me anywhere in
I need in most houses.  It is time consuming, but my customers
appreciate that there is no wired stapled wasit high around the outside
of their home.  I am willing to do the same to wire a security system
but my boss prefers to go wireless.