Re: Rough pricing question

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 22:08:53 +0000, Joe Bramblett
<kd5nrh@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 18:17:51 -0500, J.Sloud wrote:
>
>> Locknetics Magforce 101+ maglocks on the doors with entry/ exit
>> readers.
>>
>> http://www.locknetics.com/pdf/Electromagnetic%20Locks.pdf
>
>Looks like we're headed in the right direction here.  I notice that these
>appear to be pretty much self-contained units, though, with a 150-key
>capacity.  Unless I'm missing something, they don't seem to list any I/O
>for a monitoring system or for a separate card reader.  Since the site is
>about 800 employees total, the primary (swipe in/swipe out) door would
>have to be able to handle that.  150 *might* handle the office staff at
>the other double doors, and would certainly be plenty for the two single
>doors, but both of those would have a greater need for realtime monitoring.

I still have not been able to determine what you want or what the
customer needs through this whole thread.   You better get it right,
looks like you're headed for a disaster.

Take a step back..  800 employees???  That's not what you said in the
beginning.  This ain't going to be cheap.

--

-Graham

(delete the double e's to email)